It’s giveaway time! I’m so excited for one of you lucky readers to win these create and make kits by Kilner®! Scroll down to enter!
DISCLAIMER: This post is sponsored by Kilner®. I’m loving these jar sets so I’m thrilled to be working with them on this fun giveaway. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Vintage Kitty possible!
I had the EXTREME pleasure of meeting up with the folks from Kilner® when I was at the International Home and Housewares Show in Chicago. They make awesome jars, some of which you’ve seen on VintageKitty…like in this post for homemade carrot cake liqueur and this awesome vegetable soup.
We all know that jars are great for storing foods, but I was thrilled to see the new products Kilner® is making for cooks. I say new, but really, they are reviving some great ideas from the past, like fermentation jars and coffee grinders. Cool, right?
So when the nice folks at Kilner® said they’d like to partner on a giveaway, of course I said yes! I knew y’all would love this line of DIY kits. They are so nostalgic, but useful too! Kilner® is giving one lucky winner a Mayonnaise and Sauce Jar Set , a Butter Churner Set and Sauce Press Jar Set!
This giveaway is right on time for some summer barbecuing inspiration! It’s not a party without condiments and homemade condiments are THE BEST!
Kevin and I have been putting these products to work in the Vintage Kitty test kitchen this week.
We made a tomato chutney, compound butter and homemade mayonnaise. Of course the butter was made from scratch with heavy cream. We followed Kilner®’s directions, but I started with 20 ounces of cream instead of 10.
That was kind of a mistake because it took us 40 minutes to get butter. But we passed the jar back and forth and eventually the butter separated from the buttermilk! I had no clue how to “wash” my butter, but I followed the instructions and everything came out great. Total learning experience! I appreciate butter so much more now!
When I was ready to make the compound butter, I mixed everything up in the jar. This jar has old school appeal like a hand crank ice cream maker does. So much so, you might want to let everyone in on the action at your barbecues!
The Mayonnaise and Sauce Jar Set was the most surprising. I’ve made aioli and mayo by hand, in a food processor, a mixer and a blender. This mayo jar was by far the easiest method I’ve used and it had the best consistency!
Kilner®’s recipe was nice and creamy and emulsified perfectly. It even held up overnight in the refrigerator! Plus it was super tasty too!
Super bonus…mayo+ leftover buttermilk is gonna make awesome ranch dressing!
For the sauce press I decided to give a tomato chutney a go. Y’all know how much I love to mash up cuisines, especially when it comes to burgers.
The sauce press made a nice smooth sauce, but do know that the screen will catch larger chunks and things like tomato skins. But, I think this is a great tool for canning or making homemade pumpkin puree.
If you make homemade baby food, this would make easy work of cooked carrots. The Sauce Press also has a standard sized lid, so it will fit the jars you already own too. This was a big plus for me since I have a million canning jars!
All the kits were easy to use and the instructions were really clear which set us up for success. I seriously feel so much more vintage now. It’s amazing what a little elbow grease can do!
Now you want them all, right? You can find Kilner® jars online at Everything Kitchens or of course, you can enter the giveaway for a chance to win Kilner®’s Mayonnaise and Sauce Jar Set , Sauce Press and Butter Churner!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Promotion Description: The ‘Kilner® Mayonnaise and Sauce Jar Set , Sauce Press and Butter Churner’ (“Sweepstakes”) begins on 05/06/2019 at 12:00 AM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) and ends on 05/10/2019 at 11:59 PM (Eastern Time (US & Canada)) (the “Promotion Period”). By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Vintage Kitty (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the giveaway. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to the Sweepstakes.
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of United States who are 18+ or older. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
- Winner Selection: The winner of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by 48 hours by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Winner will be notified by email at the email address provided in the Entry Information on or about 48 hours after the random drawing. Potential winner must accept a prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification. Any winner notification not responded to or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively “the Prize Claim Documents”). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
– 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [(1) Kilner® Mayonnaise and Sauce Jar Set ] (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $39.99)
– 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [(1) Kilner® Butter Churner] (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $39.99)
– 1 (#) winner(s) will receive [(1) Kilner® Sauce Press] (approximate retail value or “ARV”: $39.99)
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The ARV of the prize represents Sponsor’s good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will only be awarded and/or delivered to addresses within United States. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, and surcharges are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Online Entry: Enter the Sweepstakes during the Promotion Period online by signing into the entry form and perform the tasks provided. The entry form can be found on the following website at https://vintagekitty.com/kilner-giveaway.
Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Internet entry must be made by the entrant. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant’s Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be posted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor’s database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
- Winner’s List: To obtain a copy of any legally required winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addresses, stamped, #10 envelope to Vintage Kitty cc: Kilner® Mayonnaise and Sauce Jar Set , Sauce Press and Butter Churner at 633 S Samuel St., Charles Town WV, 25414. Request must be received no later than November 11, 2019 for the name of the winner and, by the end of the promotion, for a copy of the rules.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Vintage Kitty, 633 S Samuel St, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
- Instagram Disclaimer: Entrants should understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Instagram. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.