Homemade Ranch Dressing
I love to use this dressing on classic salads. Chef salad, cobb salad, chicken, steak.... or just your average side salad...this homemade ranch dressing will make your greens taste great!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 16 one tablespoon servings
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 cup dried romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayo
In a jar, combine all the spices, romano cheese and sugar.
Add the hot water, stir and let sit a couple minutes to rehydrate the dried spices.
Add the buttermilk and mayo and whisk together.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- The best source I've found for dried romano cheese is the Spice and Tea Exchange. Their romano doesn't contain any weird ingredients and it's always fresh. You'll need roughly 1.2 ounces to make a single recipe.
- Prep your spices in jars for quick weeknight dressings. The recipe makes a little over one cup, so choose a jar with room for whisking.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 35mg | Vitamin A: 520IU | Vitamin C: 4.2mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 0.3mg