Bakery Style Strawberry Muffins
These strawberry muffins are tall and moist like the ones you buy at your favorite bakery. We love them because they freeze well and stay soft and tender even after reheating. Perfect for busy mornings!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 12 muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberry puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup diced straberries
- Decorating sugar
Preheat oven to 450F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with tulip liners. If possible start with room temperature ingredients.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
In a second bowl, whisk together the sugar, strawberry puree, vanilla extract and greek yogurt.
Add in the melted butter, whisking fast so it doesn't reharden, and then add the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Fold in the flour mixture until mostly combined. It's okay if you still see some flour.
Fold in the strawberries. Don't overmix though or your have tough muffins.
Scoop the batter into the muffin pan. I used a yellow Zeroll disher which is the perfect size for muffins Dot the top of the muffins with the remaining strawberries and then sprinkle with decorating sugar.
Bake for 7 minutes at 450F, then reduce the temperature to 375F. It should take an additional 6-7 minutes. Bake until a toothpick inserted the the middle of a muffin comes out clean, Keep in mind that pans make a big difference in cooking times, so see the post above for additional notes.
- These muffins are tall! Unless you have a deeper muffin pan, I strongly suggest using tulip baking cups. I love to use them because they keep the batter off my pans, which means easy cleanup!
- Fresh fruit muffins will mold easily, so I suggest storing these muffins in the refrigerator or better yet the freezer. We wrap our muffins individually and freeze them up to one month.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 285IU | Vitamin C: 14.5mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1.3mg