This Mango Lassi No Bake Cheesecake features a crunchy cashew coconut crust, a layer of yogurt cheesecake and a smooth mango curd topping.
Rich and creamy Mango Lassi No Bake Cheesecake is a perfect warm weather dessert. It’s easy to make and tastes astounding! Plus you’ll love this foolproof method of making fruit curd from scratch.
For quite a while I’ve been thinking it would be fun to remake the mango lassi drink into a dessert. Yogurt and mango both have a natural sweetness so it’s a perfect combo for making confections.
In my town it can sometimes be hard to find tropical produce, or anything out of the ordinary. But for some reason Walmart has an abundance of ripe mangoes super cheap right now. So I decided it was time to give this idea a try. Not that this recipe requires fresh mangoes, you could use frozen, but I love working with fresh ingredients.
It’s still in the 90s here, so I really wanted to minimize the cooking time for this recipe. To that end, I made the cheesecake portion no bake. It’s a creamy filling of yogurt and cream cheese flavored with vanilla, cardamom and honey. There’s tang from the yogurt and the perfect amount of sweetness. So luscious!
But as good as the cheesecake portion is, it’s the coconut cashew crust and the fresh mango curd that make this dessert pop. Contrasting textures highlight the varied flavors from the salty nuts to the vibrant tropical fruit.The bottom is crunchy while the top is unbelievably silky.
Now you might be thinking that this Mango Lassi No Bake Cheesecake looks complicated since it has three layers, but it really couldn’t be easier and be from scratch. That’s especially true the for the mango curd. My method uses a blender and xanthan gum to reach a fluffy consistency that is free from lumps. Follow the directions carefully and you’ll see how foolproof this method is!
It’s also easy because you can make this recipe in advance and freeze it. Freezing the cheesecake also makes popping it out of the pan a cinch. That way you can put your Mango Lassi No Bake Cheesecake on a cheerful plate. Choose something pretty because the only thing covering that plate after dinner will be crumbs ;-)
Mango Lassi No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 cup coarsely ground cashews
- ½ cup dried unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup organic sugar
- 8 tablespoons salted butter melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 8 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup honey
- ½ teaspoons cardamom powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mango puree
- ⅓ cup lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons salted butter cut into small slices and kept cold
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350F and line a 9 inch spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Combine coconut and cashews on a baking sheet and toast until golden (you might need to stir every few minutes to make sure the mixture browns evenly).
- In a food processor combine cashew-coconut mixture, graham cracker and sugar and pulse until it resembles a coarse meal.
- Add melted butter and pulse until thoroughly mixed.
- Press into spring form pan going about three-quarters up the side.
- Chill in the refrigerator or freezer while you make the filling.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip cream cheese on medium speed until smooth.
- Add xanthan gum and mix for a couple minutes.
- One at a time, add in yogurt, heavy cream, honey, cardamom and vanilla, mixing thoroughly between each addition.
- Turn up mixer to medium high and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pour filling into the center of the crust and smooth out using an offset spatula working from center to edge.
- Chill while making curd.
- In a medium sized pan combine mango puree, lime juice and sugar.
- Heat over medium heat, whisking until sugar melts.
- Add in egg yolks and whisk constantly, until mixture reaches 170F.
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into the jar of a blender.
- Add in vanilla and blend to combine.
- Drop in one pat of butter at a time, blending until each piece melts.
- Finally add in xanthan gum and blend until curd thickens.
- Pour curd onto cheesecake and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Freeze cheesecake until firm.
- While frozen, remove cheesecake from springform pan.
- Defrost cheesecake in the refrigerator before serving.
Shared on these awesome link parties:
You might also like:
Fruity Yogurt Parfait Popsicles
Made with fresh fruit, creamy vanilla yogurt and homemade granola, these Fruity Yogurt Parfait Popsicles will cool you down any time of day.
Blueberry Grapefruit Bars
Blueberry Grapefruit Bars are a perfect warm weather dessert that is sweet, refreshing, tart, buttery and best served cold. Scratch baking at it’s best!
Lemon Icebox Pie
Lemon Icebox Pie is sweet, tart, creamy, nutty and best served cold! This mouthwatering icebox pie hits the spot when the thermometer soars!
Leave a Reply