This Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup is hearty, robust and made with love! You are going to heart this twist on the classic so much that you’ll say goodbye to Plain Jane noodle soups forever!
For Valentine’s Day my gift to you is this awesome Lemon Chicken Noodle Recipe. It’s one of my favorite soups because it’s easy to make, delicious and the lemon aroma and flavors are to die for!
I love Valentines Day. Not that I need an excuse, but you gotta love a day devoted to spreading love. And I usually do it with cute heart shaped food. Cupcakes, candy, chocolates, brownies… But this year carrots!
A spoonful of love right? Thanks to my set of mini Ateco cutters, this is so easy. Cut your carrots into quarter inch rounds and then cut out a heart in the center of the round. If you don’t have a small heart cutter, you can make heart carrots by using this handy-dandy method. Just make sure to save all those leftover carrot pieces for another purpose like chicken stock or a smoothie.
Look at all those cute little carrot hearts! I will admit this takes a bit of time to accomplish, but this soup gives me an even bigger thrill than alphabet soup did as a kid!
But it’s not just the cuteness overload that gets me excited, I promise! Its the rich lemon flavor that makes this soup one of our go to winter meals. It’s inspired by the lemon chicken rice soup we get at our local diner. This Greek soup is usually thickened with eggs and rice but for my noodle version I skip the eggs and swap the rice for egg noodles.
The result is a Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup that is like a warm hug. It’s comforting, tasty and made from scratch with love. So thanks to all my readers who make this blogging gal’s life brighter. This recipe is my valentine to you.
Hugs and honey,
Lemon Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 TB butter
- 12 large strips of lemon zest
- 3 cups carrots diced or cut into hearts
- 3 cups celery diced
- 5 cups onion diced
- 14 cups chicken stock
- 12 oz package egg noodles
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 cups precooked chicken
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- In a very large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in lemon zest and cook for two minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and onion to the pan and saute until the onions start to become translucent.
- Pour the chicken stock into the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles and cook until al dente.
- Reduce soup to a gentle simmer and add lemon juice and cooked chicken.
- Season will salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Leave a Reply